Who doesn't love the smell (and taste!) of a cinnamon roll? This super-charged smoothie version expands your energy, not your waistline.
- 1 frozen banana, halved
- 1 cup milk of choice (coconut, almond, oat, hemp, rice, soy, or growth-hormone-free, organic dairy)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Few drops vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts
- 1/2 tablespoon flaxseed oil or half an avocado
- 1 teaspoon ground flaxseed
- 1 cup fresh spinach (optional: it boosts the nutrition and you won't be able to taste it!)
1. Blend all ingredients and enjoy!
The best way to keep your sights on what's important today is to stoke your metabolic fire and keep your blood sugar stable by eating a balanced breakfast. If you give your body the energy and balance it's seeking in the morning, your mind and heart will have a head start.
Recipe excerpted from The 21-Day Yoga Body by Sadie Nardini.