For exclusive access to all our stories, including sequences, teacher tips, video classes, and more, join Outside+ today.
Make this soup in a slow cooker on a lazy Sunday, and eat the leftovers all week long.
1. Place all ingredients from the onion through the chickpeas into a slow cooker set to 6 hours.
2. At the 4.5-hour mark, add the diced sweet potato.
3. At 5 hours, remove a ladle full of the broth and place in a small bowl. Dissolve the arrowroot powder into the removed broth and return the mixture to the slow cooker. Add the kale.
4. After 6 hours, season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve.
Reprinted from Eat Green Recipe Book by Cate Stillman and Desirée Rumbaugh.
- Calories 0
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g