Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
The ice cream can be made up to 3 days ahead.
- To make Coconut Ice Cream: Pour coconut milk into medium saucepan, and whisk. Transfer 1/2 cup coconut milk to small bowl, and stir in arrowroot. Set aside.
- Add sugar to coconut milk in pan; cook over medium-high heat, whisking often, about 5 minutes, or until just beginning to boil. Whisk in arrowroot mixture, and cook, whisking constantly, 3 to 4 minutes, or until mixture bubbles and begins to thicken slightly. Remove from heat; let cool to room temperature. Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours, or until completely chilled.
- Process mixture in ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions. Transfer ice cream to container, cover and freeze until firm, about 1 hour.
- To make Raspberry Sauce: Purée all ingredients and 1/2 cup water in blender or food processor. Strain through fine mesh sieve set over small bowl. Sweeten with more syrup if desired. Serve over Coconut Ice Cream.
- Serving Size Serves 6
- Calories 351
- Carbohydrate Content 28 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 28 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 25 g
- Sodium Content 18 mg
- Sugar Content 21 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g