Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
This pie takes almost no time to make, and people rave about it. Best of all, it can be prepared ahead and kept in the freezer. If you prefer, for the crust, use chocolate graham crackers made with whole-wheat flour and unrefined sweetener, available at natural foods stores.
- Preheat oven to 375F. In large bowl, using a fork, mix cookie crumbs, sugar and margarine, finishing by lightly using your fingertips. Press mixture evenly over bottom and up sides of 9-inch pie pan.
- Bake until crust feels firm and darkens at edges, 9 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Pour 1/3 cup fudge sauce into crust, tilting pan to coat evenly. Refrigerate or freeze until sauce is firm, at least 30 minutes.
- Fill crust with frozen dessert, spreading evenly with rubber spatula. Place pie in freezer until surface is firm, about 20 minutes.
- To decorate, drizzle remaining tablespoon fudge sauce around edge of pie. Crumble whole cookies over pie. Freeze pie until firm enough to cut, at least 4 hours, or cover with foil and freeze up to 5 days. Cut with a knife dipped in hot water.
- Serving Size 10 servings
- Calories 203
- Carbohydrate Content 29 g
- Cholesterol Content 2 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 196 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g