Puréed avocado makes this dressing creamy without dairy, while corn adds a low-cal crunch. Not a cilantro fan? Try the recipe with fresh basil or parsley.
- 1 cup packed cilantro leaves
- 1/2 small avocado, diced (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 green onions, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 4 to 6 drops hot pepper sauce, such as Tabasco
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels, thawed
- Place cilantro in bowl of food processor or blender, and pulse until finely chopped. Add avocado and green onions, and blend until smooth. Add lemon juice, olive oil, hot pepper sauce and 2 Tbs. water, and blend until smooth. Transfer to bowl, and stir in corn. Season with salt and pepper, and serve over salad.
- Serving Size: Makes 2 cups
- Calories: 12
- Carbohydrate Content: 1 g
- Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 20 mg