Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
A lovely change of pace from the everyday breakfast pancake, serve them with maple syrup or, for a savory dish, top with crème fraîche and chopped chives.
- Bring pot of lightly salted water to a boil, and cook corn kernels 1 minute. Drain well.
- Combine milk, eggs and butter in bowl, and beat well. Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; fold into egg mixture. Fold in corn kernels. Let batter rest 20 minutes.
- Spray griddle or large nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and heat over medium heat. Pour batter onto cooking surface in 1/4-cup amounts. Cook until bottoms of pancakes are set and golden; flip over, and cook other side of pancakes until golden. Repeat until all batter is used up. Serve hot.
- Serving Size MAKES 12 4-INCH PANCAKES
- Calories 110
- Carbohydrate Content 16 g
- Cholesterol Content 40 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 370 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g