Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
The cornbread can be prepared up to a month ahead and frozen, wrapped airtight. Use the cayenne only if your brand of chili powder is mild.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly oil 8 1/2-inch square baking pan.
- In large bowl, sift together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, chili powder, salt, thyme, oregano, sage and cayenne if desired.
- Add soy milk, oil and scallions and mix well with a wooden spoon. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until cornbread is light golden brown, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely in pan before crumbling to use in stuffing.
- Serving Size Makes 8 1/2 cups
- Calories 116
- Carbohydrate Content 19 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 211 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g