Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
A good recipe for homemade bread is worth its weight in gold to gluten-intolerant bakers. This soft, chewy loaf fits the bill.
- Coat 9- x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Combine sugar and 1/4 cup warm water. Sprinkle yeast on top, then stir to combine. Set aside.
- Whisk together rice flour, sunflower seeds, flaxseeds, potato starch, soy flour, tapioca flour, xanthan gum, and salt in large bowl. In separate bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, soymilk, oil, molasses, and vinegar.
- Add dry ingredients to egg mixture, and beat with electric mixer on low speed 1 minute. Add yeast mixture, increase mixer speed to medium-high, and beat 3 minutes. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan; let rise 1 hour in warm place.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Bake loaf 45 to 55 minutes, or until deep golden brown (the outside will look very dark but the inside will be soft and moist). Cool 10 minutes, then turn out onto cutting board, and slice.
- Serving Size Makes 1 loaf (10 slices)
- Calories 315
- Carbohydrate Content 38 g
- Cholesterol Content 42 mg
- Fat Content 16 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 278 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g