Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
This salad is a delight to make in the summer when fresh basil and corn are in abundance. Couscous, a staple in North African dishes, is made of tiny pasta pellets and is readily available in most supermarkets.
- In medium saucepan, bring 1 ½ cups water to boil over high heat. Add couscous, stir and return to a boil.
- Cover pan, remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, bring another medium saucepan of water to boil over high heat. Add corn, reduce heat and simmer until tender, about 3 minutes. Drain well.
- Fluff couscous with fork and transfer to large serving bowl. Set aside to cool at room temperature. Add corn, basil, peppers and onion.
- In small cup, mix oil and lemon juice. Pour over couscous mixture and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serving Size 4 Servings
- Calories 310
- Carbohydrate Content 53 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 15 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g