- 1 Tbs. tahini
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt or soft tofu
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- Pinch of ground ginger
- 1 ripe large mango, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup cooked or canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained if canned
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbs. orange juice
- 2/3 cup uncooked whole-wheat couscous
- In medium saucepan, bring 1 cup water to a boil. Stir in couscous, return to a boil, cover and turn heat off. Let stand until water is absorbed, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small cup, mix orange juice and tahini until well blended. In large bowl, whisk yogurt until smooth, then whisk in tahini mixture, cumin and ginger. Stir in mango, chickpeas and raisins.
- Fluff couscous with fork. Stir into mango mixture along with cilantro. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- Serving Size: 6 Servings
- Calories: 242
- Carbohydrate Content: 47 g
- Cholesterol Content: 2 mg
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 37 mg