Feel free to substitute different vegetables as they come into season throughout the summer.
- 1/2 lb. asparagus, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds (about 1 3/4cups)
- 1/4 lb. snow peas, sliced crosswise into 1/4-inch strips (about 1 cup)
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 3 2-inch strips lemon zest
- 1 10-oz. pkg. couscous
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced (about 1/3 cup)
- 3 Tbs. lemon juice
- 2 Tbs. chopped chives
- 2 Tbs. chopped parsley
- 1 Tbs. chopped mint
1. Cook asparagus and snow peas in large pot of boiling salted water 2 to 3 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse under cold water.
2. Bring broth and lemon zest to a boil in large pot. Put couscous in bowl, and stir in broth. Cover, and let stand 10 minutes. Discard lemon zest.
3. Fluff couscous with fork, and stir in asparagus, snow peas, radishes, lemon juice, chives, parsley and mint. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serving Size: Serves 6
- Calories: 203
- Carbohydrate Content: 42 g
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Sodium Content: 237 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g