This version of a French cocktail is made with cranberry syrup instead of crème de cassis, a black currant liqueur.
- 8 cups cranberry juice
- Peel of 1 lemon, cut into wide strips
- 1 750-mL bottle sparkling wine
- Fresh raspberries for garnish
1. Place cranberry juice and lemon peel in saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 20 minutes, or until liquid has reduced to 1 cup. Cool, and remove lemon peel.
2. Pour 2 Tbs. cranberry syrup into 8 champagne flutes. Top with sparkling wine, and garnish with raspberries.
- Serving Size: Serves 8
- Calories: 203
- Carbohydrate Content: 37 g
- Sodium Content: 5 mg
- Sugar Content: 30 g