If preferred, mixture can be blended in a food processor until smooth.
- 1/2-cup servingServings
- 12-oz. bag fresh or frozen cranberries (3 cups)
- 2 Tbs. grated orange peel
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup granulated sugar or to taste
- 2 Tbs. orange flavored liqueur (optional)
- In heavy medium saucepan, combine cranberries, orange peel, juice and sugar. Simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until cranberries soften, about 12 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
- Stir in liqueur just before serving. Can be made 4 weeks ahead and frozen or up to 3 days ahead and kept refrigerated.
- Serving Size: Makes 4 cups
- Calories: 138
- Carbohydrate Content: 35 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 1 mg