Tweak the cranberry sauce tradition with this mustard-laced version that’s more tangy than sweet. The sauce works well with faux turkey and tofu steaks and makes a nice spread for sandwiches. Serve warm or cold.
- 2-tbs. servingServings
- 1 12-oz. bag fresh or thawed frozen cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups hard apple cider
- 1/2 cup plus 1 Tbs. packed dark brown sugar
- 2 Tbs. whole-grain mustard
- 2 tsp. finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 tsp. salt
Simmer all ingredients in saucepan over medium heat 20 minutes, or until cranberries are popped.
- Serving Size: Makes 2 1/4 cups
- Calories: 45
- Carbohydrate Content: 10 g
- Sodium Content: 69 mg
- Sugar Content: 8 g