Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9-inch cake pan with parchment paper. Grease and flour sides and bottom of cake pan.
2. Put butter and sugars in a mixing bowl, and beat until creamy. Spread on bottom of prepared cake pan. Pour cranberries over butter mixture, and press in.
3. Put butter, sugar and zests in bowl of a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, and mix until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, scraping down sides of bowl after each addition. Add milk and vanilla. Add flour, baking powder and salt, and beat until almost combined.
4. Fold in cranberries and pecans by hand, and spread gently over cranberries in pan.
5. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until cake’s center springs back with gentle push and sides are bubbling and gooey.
6. Remove from oven, and allow to rest for 15 minutes. Run knife around edge of pan, and place a platter or dinner plate face down over cake. Using a dish towel or a potholder to hold bottom of hot cake pan, invert cake onto plate, and remove pan. Cool slightly before slicing.
- Serving Size SERVES 8
- Calories 310
- Carbohydrate Content 52 g
- Cholesterol Content 65 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 270 mg
- Sugar Content 33 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g