Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Like these Ayurvedic recipes and LOVE cooking? Good news for you: YJ and the Natural Gourmet Institute are sending one passionate foodie and yogi to chef school. Apply here.
Yield: 7 cups
1. In 1-gallon pot, heat oil over medium flame. Sweat leeks with salt until soft, about 10 minutes, stirring often, to prevent browning.
2. Add celeriac to pot and continue sweating until celeriac begins to soften, about 10 minutes more.
3. Add stock and oats. Raise heat and bring soup to boil. Reduce heat, and simmer with lid ajar for 20 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
4. Puree soup in blender until very smooth.
5. Return soup to pot. Re-heat and season to taste with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
6. Garnish with parsley.
- Calories 0
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g