Recipe by Natural Gourmet Institute
- 5 cupsServings
- 1 cup minced shallots
- 3 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 4 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 pound mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable seasoning salt
- 1/2 tablespoon umeboshi vinegar
- Black pepper
- Parsley sprigs for garnish
1. Mince shallots. Sauté in butter or olive oil until shallots are translucent. Add flour; stir 4-5 minutes, until toasted.
2. Add stock 1 cup at a time, whisking to blend. Bring to simmer, add salt.
3. Coarsely chop mushrooms, add to soup. Simmer 30 minutes.
4. Puree soup in blender. Adjust seasonings. Serve garnished with parsley sprig.
See Also: Lentil Pate