Recipe by Natural Gourmet Institute
- approximately 6 cupsServings
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion (about 3/4 pound) cut into medium dice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch rounds
- 5 cups stock
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ginger juice
- 2 tablespoons dill, chopped for garnish
1. In a medium pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and salt. Saute until onions are softened (about 5-8 minutes). Stir often to prevent browning.
2. Add the carrots, cover pot and cook over low heat for 5-6 minutes. Stir to prevent browning.
3. Add stock and oats to pot. Raise the heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 25 minutes, covered, until carrots are very tender.
4. Blend the soup until creamy. Add additional stock to desired consistency.
5. Add lemon and ginger juice. Readjust seasonings.
6. Garnish with dill and serve.
See Also: Balsamic Beets