Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Recipe by Natural Gourmet Institute
1. In a medium pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and salt. Saute until onions are softened (about 5-8 minutes). Stir often to prevent browning.
2. Add the carrots, cover pot and cook over low heat for 5-6 minutes. Stir to prevent browning.
3. Add stock and oats to pot. Raise the heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 25 minutes, covered, until carrots are very tender.
4. Blend the soup until creamy. Add additional stock to desired consistency.
5. Add lemon and ginger juice. Readjust seasonings.
6. Garnish with dill and serve.
See Also: Balsamic Beets
- Calories 0
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g