Mild silken tofu absorbs the flavors of foods its paired with, making it the perfect base for this cold soup laced with fresh dill and green onions. Pack the soup into a 1-quart, wide-mouthed thermos and serve in paper cups.
- 2 medium-size cucumbers, peeled (about 1 lb.)
- 1 1/3 cups firm silken tofu, drained (about 10 oz.)
- 2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh dill
- 6 green onions, chopped (about 1/3 cup)
1. Grate half of 1 cucumber into large bowl. Coarsely chop all remaining cucumber.
2. Purée chopped cucumber, tofu, lemon juice, dill and 1/4 cup water until smooth in blender or food processor.
3. Add tofu mixture and green onions to grated cucumber, and stir to combine. Cover and chill 1 to 2 hours before serving.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 59
- Carbohydrate Content: 5 g
- Fat Content: 2 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 321 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g