In this versatile recipe, tofu provides the creaminess without the cream. Make the dressing with any herb that matches your meal or mood. Serve over your favorite greens.
- 1⁄2 cup soft silken tofu (4 oz.)
- 1⁄2 cup tightly packed fresh herbs, such as basil, dill, parsley or cilantro
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 Tbs. water
- 1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice, plus more if needed
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt, plus more if needed
- In blender or food processor, combine all ingredients and 2 tablespoons water. Process until very smooth, scraping down sides of bowl once or twice, about 2 minutes.
- Use immediately or refrigerate in tightly sealed container for up to 3 days. (The vibrant color will become olive drab, but the taste will not be affected.) Stir well before each use. Thin with 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice or water (or more if needed) if dressing becomes too thick.
- Serving Size: Makes 3/4 cup
- Calories: 33
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 94 mg