You may not remember why you bought that extra can of sliced pineapple (upside-down cake? fruit salad?), but you’ll be glad to have it on hand for a quick dessert that’s elegant enough to serve to company.
- 8 slices canned pineapple packed in juice, drained and chopped, juice reserved
- 2 Tbs. sugar, divided
- 1 Tbs. rum, optional
- 10 oz. light whipped cream cheese
- 1 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 12-oz. angel food cake, torn into bite-size pieces
- Mint sprigs for garnish, optional
- Bring reserved pineapple juice and 1 Tbs. sugar to a boil in small saucepan, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and stir in rum, if desired. Set aside.
- Purée cream cheese, yogurt, vanilla extract, and remaining 1 Tbs. sugar in food processor until smooth.
- Place 4 angel food cake pieces at bottom of each of 4 wine glasses. Drizzle 2 Tbs. pineapple juice mixture over cake. Spoon 2 Tbs. chopped pineapple over top. Spoon 2 Tbs. cream cheese mixture over pineapple. Repeat layering 2 more times, ending with cream cheese mixture. Garnish with sprig of mint, if desired.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 415
- Carbohydrate Content: 62 g
- Cholesterol Content: 41 mg
- Fat Content: 13 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8 g
- Sodium Content: 580 mg
- Sugar Content: 30 g