Each serving of this dish has 4 ounces of antioxidant-rich button mushrooms.
- 2 cups mushroom broth
- 3 Tbs. olive oil, divided
- ¾ cup Arborio rice
- 1 cup frozen Italian flat beans
- 1 lb. button mushrooms, trimmed and quartered
- 4 medium shallots, sliced (1 cup)
- ¹⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
1. Bring broth and 2 cups water to a simmer in saucepan. Cover to keep hot.
2. Heat 1 Tbs. oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add rice, and cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until rice is opaque. Stir in 1 cup diluted broth, and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until most liquid has evaporated, stirring often. Continue adding broth
1 cup at a time, cooking until liquid has evaporated between each addition. When last cup of broth is added, stir in beans. Cook 5 minutes more, or until beans are heated through. Season with salt and pepper, and keep warm.
3. Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and shallots, and sauté 3 to 5 minutes, or until mushrooms have released most of their liquid. Add wine, and cook 2 to 3 minutes more, or until liquid has evaporated and mushrooms sizzle. Reduce heat to medium, add garlic, and sauté 7 to 10 minutes, or until mushrooms are crispy and shallots are browned. Remove from heat, and season with salt and pepper.
4. Stir Parmesan into risotto. Divide among 4 plates, top with mushrooms and sprinkle with parsley. Pass extra Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 247
- Carbohydrate Content: 28 g
- Cholesterol Content: 4 mg
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 433 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g