If your vegan turkey roast comes filled with stuffing, use whole, stuffing-filled slices in this one-dish meal.
- 2 cups sliced white mushrooms
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (1 cup)
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh tarragon, divided
- ½ cup soymilk
- ½ cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups brown-rice breadcrumbs
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 4 ½-inch slices vegan turkey roast,
- 4 vegan chicken cutlets, or 1
- 5.5-oz. pkg. sliced vegan turkey, divided into 4 slabs
- 1 cup Dijon mustard
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Place mushrooms, onion, and 1 Tbs. tarragon in medium Dutch oven
or roasting pan. Pour soymilk and broth over vegetables.
2. Combine breadcrumbs, remaining tarragon, and cayenne pepper on plate; season with salt and pepper. Dredge cutlets in mustard, then in breadcrumb mixture. Place atop mushroom mixture.
3. Bake, covered, 25 minutes. Uncover, and bake 5 minutes more, until cutlets are golden brown.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 239
- Carbohydrate Content: 32 g
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 12 g
- Sodium Content: 408 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g