This granola is so much better—and less expensive—than prepared varieties that you’ll want to make it often. Adapted from Salad People by Mollie Katzen.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup mixed seeds (sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, etc.)
- 1 cup chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans, almonds, pistachios,hazelnuts, etc.)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 Tbs. vanilla extract
- 1 cup assorted dried fruit, chopped (raisins, dried blueberries, dried cranberries, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 350F.Combine oats, seeds, nuts and salt in bowl. Whisk together honey, oil and vanilla, and stir into dry ingredients. Spread granola on baking sheet coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes, or until golden brown, stirring once or twice during baking. Cool on tray until dry and crunchy.
- Break into bite-sized pieces, and stir in dried fruit. Store in airtight container.
- Serving Size: Makes 12 1/2-cup servings
- Calories: 280
- Carbohydrate Content: 30 g
- Fat Content: 16 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 85 mg
- Sugar Content: 16 g