Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Sliced potatoes form the “crust” for this layered main dish. If you’re already a big fan of goat cheese, try this recipe with a strong-flavored, aged variety. Otherwise, stick with a milder fresh cheese log.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Bring medium pot of water to a boil, and cook potato slices 5 to 10 minutes, or until just tender when pierced with a fork.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Add chard and cook 4 minutes, or until wilted, stirring often. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more, or until fragrant. Remove from heat, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Coat 9×9-inch pan with cooking spray. Fill pan with layer of potatoes. Top with chard. Sprinkle with cheese.
4. Whisk together milk, eggs and salt in medium bowl. Pour over quiche. Cover with foil. Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until tip of knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes, then slice into squares, and serve.
- Serving Size Serves 6
- Calories 180
- Carbohydrate Content 15 g
- Cholesterol Content 117 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 416 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g