Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
These mashed potatoes are “so rich and satisfying, I sometimes just serve them with plain tofu,” says Chef Bryant Terry.
1. Boil potatoes in enough water to cover 25 minutes, or until soft.
2. Meanwhile, sauté onion, oil, cumin, salt, and cayenne in skillet over low heat 30 minutes, or until browned. Stir in rice milk and thyme.
3. Drain potatoes, and mash. Whisk onion mixture into potatoes. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
Recipe from the November 2009 issue of Vegetarian Times
- Calories 277
- Carbohydrate Content 40 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 213 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g