Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
If desired, you can add pan-fried tofu cubes to this light, spicy main dish. Just cook the tofu in a bit of vegetable oil while the cauliflower simmers. Use the full amount of cayenne if you like a real kick to your food.
- In 4-quart Dutch oven, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until nicely browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer to plate.
- Add remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil to pan and heat over medium heat. Add cumin; cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds. Add ginger, coriander, turmeric and cayenne and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Reduce heat to low. Stir in onion and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 4 minutes. Add cauliflower, broth and salt. Cover, increase heat to medium-low and simmer until cauliflower is barely tender, about 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare couscous according to package directions.
- Add zucchini and reserved mushrooms to cauliflower mixture. Cover and cook for 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in cilantro, cloves and cardamom. Serve over couscous.
- Serving Size 4 Servings
- Calories 339
- Carbohydrate Content 60 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 833 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g