Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
The milk typically called for in quick-bread recipes is replaced here by vanilla soymilk. If you’re not a fan of candied ginger, feel free to omit it from the recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 12-cup muffin tin, 9- x 5-inch loaf pan, or 3 6- x 3-inch miniloaf pans with cooking spray.
- Whisk together flour, orange zest, baking powder, and salt in bowl. Whisk sugar and eggs until creamy in separate bowl. Add soymilk, oil, and orange juice, and whisk until smooth. Fold egg mixture into flour mixture. Stir in dried apricots and 1/4 cup candied ginger.
- Scoop batter into prepared pan(s). Sprinkle top(s) with reserved candied ginger. Bake muffins 18 to 22 minutes, large loaf 50 to 60 minutes, or miniloaves 35 to 45 minutes, until pale brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Loosen edges, and turn out onto wire rack to cool completely.
- Serving Size Makes 1 loaf, 3 miniloaves, or 12 muffins
- Calories 234
- Carbohydrate Content 39 g
- Cholesterol Content 35 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 209 mg
- Sugar Content 18 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g