The secret to this rich, creamy mousse is dark flavored chocolate, such as Green & Black’s Espresso.
- 2 3.5-oz. bittersweet flavored chocolate bars, chopped
- 1 cup whipping cream, divided
- 2 Tbs. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- Place chocolate, 1/4 cup cream, 1/2 cup water and cocoa powder in small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat, let stand 3 minutes, then whisk until smooth. Transfer to large bowl.
- Beat egg whites 2 minutes, or until peaks form. Add 1/4 cup sugar, and beat until stiff. Fold 1/4 of egg mixture into chocolate. Fold in remaining egg whites.
- Beat remaining 3/4 cup of cream and 1/4 cup of sugar until soft peaks form. Fold whipped cream into mousse, and ladle into 8 individual cups or a 1 1/2 qt. container. Chill 2 hours, or store in refrigerator up to 2 days.
- Serving Size: Serves 8
- Calories: 277
- Carbohydrate Content: 22 g
- Cholesterol Content: 41 mg
- Fat Content: 21 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 12 g
- Sodium Content: 54 mg
- Sugar Content: 17 g