Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
30 minutes or fewer
Wow the chocolate lovers in your life with this fudgy creation thats as easy
to whip up as a cake mix.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Coat 9-inch round springform pan with cooking spray. Combine flour, sugar and baking soda in bowl. Whisk together buttermilk, egg and vanilla in separate bowl.
- Combine espresso and cocoa in large saucepan. Add butter, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, whisking constantly. Remove from heat, and stir in dry ingredients. Add buttermilk mixture, and whisk until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, and bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until top looks dry but toothpick inserted in center comes out moist.
- Meanwhile, make Fudge Glaze: Combine buttermilk, cocoa powder and butter in medium saucepan, and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and stir in sugar and vanilla.
- Pierce holes all over cake with skewer or fork. Spread glaze over cake with spatula. Let stand 5 minutes before unmolding, and serve.
- Serving Size Serves 10
- Calories 276
- Carbohydrate Content 39 g
- Cholesterol Content 52 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 7 g
- Sodium Content 82 mg
- Sugar Content 27 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g