Yoga teacher Desirée Rumbaugh makes one every morning—even on the road.
- 1 cup coconut water or water
- 1 cup kale leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 cup chard leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 cup parsley
- 1/2 cucumber
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 pear or apple, cored, roughly chopped
- Frozen mango, blueberries, pineapple, or banana, to taste
1. Process your vegetables with liquids in the blender. Add fruit to taste, depending on how sweet you like your smoothies.
Reprinted from Eat Green Recipe Book by Cate Stillman and Desirée Rumbaugh.