For exclusive access to all our stories, including sequences, teacher tips, video classes, and more, join Outside+ today.
Loaded with naturally detoxifying dandelion and other bitter greens, this salad will last you through the weekend. Mix in extras, such as artichoke hearts, steamed asparagus, cubed jicama or avocado, pomegranate seeds, grated celery root, basil leaves, tomatoes, and/or raw garden peas, for each serving.
To make Salad:
1. Combine dandelion greens, chicory, arugula, endive, carrot, fennel, celery, and parsley in large bowl.
To make Tarragon-Lemon Vinaigrette:
2. Shake together all ingredients in small jar with tight-fitting lid.
3. Toss 1 serving of greens with just enough dressing to lightly coat leaves. Top with optional additions, if desired. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size Makes 4 servings
- Calories 219
- Carbohydrate Content 21 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 15 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 146 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g