This bread pudding can be served as is or with raspberry sauce or warm fudge sauce poured over the top. To make the recipe ahead, cool completely in pan on a wire rack, then cover with foil and refrigerate up to 3 days. Wrap slices in foil and warm in the oven.
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 2 large eggs
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 cup lightly packed light brown sugar
- 2 Tbs. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups chocolate soy milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1-lb. loaf challah egg bread, torn into 1-inch pieces (10 cups)
- 1/2 cup pitted prunes, chopped
- In small bowl, soak cranberries in apple juice until they're plump, about 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat 9 1/2-inch tube pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, brown sugar and cocoa. Whisk in soy milk and vanilla until well blended. Add bread pieces. Drain cranberries and add to bread mixture along with prunes. Stir with fork until bread is thoroughly moistened. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Pack mixture into prepared pan. Place pan on baking sheet and bake until bread pudding is puffed and lightly browned and a knife inserted near center comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Transfer pan to wire rack and cool 20 minutes. Unmold onto serving plate. Serve warm.
- Serving Size: 12 servings
- Calories: 230
- Carbohydrate Content: 43 g
- Cholesterol Content: 31 mg
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Sodium Content: 294 mg