The dough for these vegan double chocolate cookies is so good, youll find yourself eating it raw and because it contains no eggs, its safe to munch away. For a nutty cookie, substitute 1 cup chopped walnuts for the white chocolate chips.
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup vegan margarine, such as Earth Balance, softened
- 1 tsp. egg replacer
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup vegan white chocolate chips, such as Liebers
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper, or coat with cooking spray.
- Beat sugar and margarine in medium bowl with electric mixer until creamy. Beat in egg replacer and vanilla.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Stir wet mixture into dry mixture; dough will be thick. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls (about 1 Tbs.). Place 1 1/2 to 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets, and flatten slightly. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until dry and crisp-looking. Cool completely before removing to wire rack.
- Serving Size: Makes 35 cookies
- Calories: 111
- Carbohydrate Content: 13 g
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 94 mg
- Sugar Content: 10 g