Look out! These are addictive. As with all icebox cookies, the dough can be made ahead and kept in the refrigerator for several days. Makes 24.
- 3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 4 Tbs. unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 oz. chopped semisweet chocolate, melted
- Mix flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Set aside.
- Using electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and both sugars in large bowl until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Beat in egg white and vanilla. Add dry ingredients, and beat until dough is formed.
- Turn dough out onto sheet of wax paper, and shape into 6-inch log. Wrap log in wax paper, and freeze 1 to 3 hours, until very firm, or refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease two baking sheets. Cut log into 24 1/4-inch slices, and place slices 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until set. Remove from sheets, and cool on wire racks.
- Using fork, drizzle melted chocolate over cooled cookies in zigzag pattern. Let chocolate set.
- Serving Size: Serves 8
- Calories: 220
- Carbohydrate Content: 33 g
- Cholesterol Content: 15 mg
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6 g
- Sodium Content: 125 mg
- Sugar Content: 22 g