Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Look out! These are addictive. As with all icebox cookies, the dough can be made ahead and kept in the refrigerator for several days. Makes 24.
- Mix flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Set aside.
- Using electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and both sugars in large bowl until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Beat in egg white and vanilla. Add dry ingredients, and beat until dough is formed.
- Turn dough out onto sheet of wax paper, and shape into 6-inch log. Wrap log in wax paper, and freeze 1 to 3 hours, until very firm, or refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease two baking sheets. Cut log into 24 1/4-inch slices, and place slices 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until set. Remove from sheets, and cool on wire racks.
- Using fork, drizzle melted chocolate over cooled cookies in zigzag pattern. Let chocolate set.
- Serving Size Serves 8
- Calories 220
- Carbohydrate Content 33 g
- Cholesterol Content 15 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 125 mg
- Sugar Content 22 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g