Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
You’ve heard of breakfast for dinner? How about dessert for breakfast? These rich, dense, delicious confections will satisfy your sweet tooth any time of day. For a banana split effect, serve with sliced bananas and a dollop of vanilla soy yogurt.
1. To make Chocolate Sauce: Whisk together cocoa powder, maple syrup, soymilk, and vanilla in saucepan over medium heat until smooth. Keep warm.
2. To make Waffles: Preheat waffle iron. Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl; set aside. Whisk together soymilk and vinegar in small bowl; let stand 10 minutes.
3. Combine cocoa powder and chocolate in bowl. Whisk ı/4 cup boiling water into cocoa powder mixture until smooth. Whisk soymilk mixture into chocolate mixture. Whisk in brown sugar, oil, and vanilla. Whisk in flour mixture.
4. Spray waffle iron with cooking spray. Spoon batter onto waffle iron. Close lid, and cook 3 minutes, or until waffle is crisp. Repeat with remaining batter. Drizzle each serving with 1 Tbs. Chocolate Sauce, dust with 1 tsp. confectioners’ sugar, and serve.
- Serving Size Makes 4 large waffles
- Calories 254
- Carbohydrate Content 41 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 158 mg
- Sugar Content 20 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g