Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Vinegar and vegan baking go hand in hand as the acid works in place of eggs to bind batters, and interacts with baking soda to make cakes and quick breads rise.
- To make Cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice in bowl. Stir in juice, oil, vinegar, and orange zest. Fill liners 2/3 full and bake 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool.
- To make Icing: Beat all ingredients with electric mixer until smooth. Spread on cupcakes.
- Serving Size Makes 12 cupcakes
- Calories 242
- Carbohydrate Content 45 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 299 mg
- Sugar Content 30 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g