Pumpkin seeds and canned pumpkin provide a double dose of flavor in these moist and delicious cookies.
- 1 Tbs. flaxseeds
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sunflower oil
- 1 cup canned solid pack pumpkin
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup hulled pumpkin seeds, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- In blender, grind flaxseeds to fine powder. Add 3 tablespoons water and blend until frothy. Set aside. Preheat oven to 375F.
- In large bowl, combine sugar and oil. Beat with electric mixture on medium speed until well blended. Beat in pumpkin, flax mixture and vanilla until well blended, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. On low speed, beat in flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice and salt and mix until combined. Stir in pumpkin seeds and dates until blended.
- Drop batter by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets, spacing about 2 inches apart. Using fork, press cookies to flatten slightly. Bake until lightly browned, 15 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire rack and let cool completely.
- Serving Size: Makes about 36
- Calories: 67
- Carbohydrate Content: 11 g
- Fat Content: 2 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 54 mg