30 minutes or fewer
This streamlined version of a classic Provençal dish freezes well, so double or triple the recipe for future meals. If desired, stir some chopped fresh basil into the vegetables just before serving.
- 3 Tbs. garlic-flavored olive oil
- 2 large tomatoes, halved and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 medium-sized eggplant, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 lb. zucchini, sliced crosswise 1-inch thick
- 1 medium-sized red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Heat oil over medium-low heat in large, deep skillet. Add tomatoes, eggplant, zucchini and bell pepper. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are very tender, about 20 minutes. Serve warm.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 160
- Carbohydrate Content: 16 g
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 20 mg
- Sugar Content: 9 g