30 minutes or less
Heres a salad thats hearty and flavorful enough to be considered a meal. Served solo, its also great for lunch.
Meal Plan: If you have a big appetite, serve this colorful salad with quick-cooking brown rice and marinated, baked tofu slices. Linger afterward over biscotti and green tea.
- 12-oz. bag frozen shelled sweet soybeans (edamame)
- 2 (4-oz.) bags baby lettuce mix
- 1 Fuji apple, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 3 Tbs. soy sauce
- 2 Tbs. fresh lime or lemon juice, optional
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- Cook soybeans in boiling water according to package directions. Drain and cool. In large bowl, combine lettuce, apple slices and golden raisins.
- In small bowl, mix together soy sauce, lime or lemon juice and oil. Drizzle over salad, and serve.
- Serving Size: 4 to 6 Servings
- Calories: 180
- Carbohydrate Content: 20 g
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 604 mg