Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
The garlicky olive spread makes this appetizer anything but ordinary. Even your most sophisticated guests will keep having just one more.
- Put garlic into feed tube of food processor with processor running, and chop. Add olives, and process to coarse paste, scraping down sides.
- Trim off short (yolkless) ends of eggs. Cut each egg crosswise into 4 slices.
- To assemble, spread olive paste on each slice of bread. Crisscross 2 chives on top. Set one slice of egg in middle. Press dill sprigs into yolk. Divide among 8 salad plates, or arrange on party platter.
- Serving Size Makes 8 dinner servings, 24 appetizers
- Calories 50
- Carbohydrate Content 4 g
- Cholesterol Content 60 mg
- Fat Content 3 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 95 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g