You may make this soup with any combination of spring greens that you prefer. If you cannot find any one of the three greens in the recipe, simply increase the amount of the others to make three cups total.
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup cleaned, trimmed and chopped dandelion greens
- 1 cup cleaned, trimmed and chopped arugula leaves
- 1 cup cleaned, trimmed and chopped sorrel leaves
- 1 cup fresh peas, blanched, or frozen peas, thawed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 large eggs, well beaten
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese for garnish
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese for garnish
- Place vegetable stock in large soup pot, and heat over high heat. When stock comes to a boil, stir in dandelion greens, arugula leaves, sorrel leaves and peas.
- When soup returns to a simmer, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook about 1 minute. Season to taste.
- Pour eggs gradually into soup, stirring constantly, allowing egg “threads” to form. Remove from heat, ladle into individual soup bowls, garnish with cheeses and serve immediately.
The texture of this soup is somewhat full-bodied because of the eggs, cheeses and large quantity of greens. But its earthiness and tang may vary depending on the greens you choose. If you like assertive greens such as arugula, choose a Sauvignon Blanc or Riesling. If you prefer earthy greens such as chard, choose Beaujolais.
- Serving Size: SERVES 4
- Calories: 190
- Carbohydrate Content: 16 g
- Cholesterol Content: 165 mg
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 910 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g