30 minutes or fewer
This gorgeous salad makes an elegant light meal with some whole-grain sourdough bread. To serve as an appetizer course for 8 people, reduce the cheese to 4 oz.
- 2 large eggplants (about 1 1/2 lb. each), trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 6-oz. jar sliced oil-packed roasted red peppers, oil drained and reserved
- 6 to 8 cups mixed spring greens, as desired
- 8 oz. regular or soy mozzarella, cubed
- 1/4 cup bottled balsamic vinaigrette, or more to taste
- Preheat broiler.
- Brush eggplant slices on both sides with reserved oil from roasted peppers, and place on baking sheets. Sprinkle lightly with salt to taste. Broil 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until tender and lightly browned. Remove eggplant slices from baking sheets, and cool slightly.
- Arrange eggplant slices on individual serving plates. Top each with mixed greens. Arrange mozzarella and roasted red pepper slices over greens, and sprinkle each serving with 1 Tbs. balsamic vinaigrette. Serve.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 320
- Carbohydrate Content: 24 g
- Cholesterol Content: 45 mg
- Fat Content: 20 g
- Fiber Content: 11 g
- Protein Content: 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 9 g
- Sodium Content: 310 mg
- Sugar Content: 11 g