Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Extra ricotta filling from this easy recipe makes a great sandwich spread and pasta sauce.
- Filling: In food processor, purée all filling ingredients. Transfer to bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
- If desired, salt eggplant slices and let sit 30 minutes. Rinse, drain and blot dry.
- Lightly spray nonstick baking sheet with cooking spray; arrange eggplant slices in a single layer on sheet. Broil eggplant 2 to 3 inches from heat until softened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spread about 1/2 cup marinara sauce on 9 x- 12-inch baking dish. Place 1 to 2 tablespoons ricotta filling in center of each eggplant slice; roll. Arrange rolls in baking dish, seam-side down. Top rolls with remaining sauce; sprinkle with mozzarella. Bake until eggplant is tender and heated through, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serving Size 4 Servings
- Calories 308
- Carbohydrate Content 27 g
- Cholesterol Content 37 mg
- Fat Content 16 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 19 g
- Saturated Fat Content 7 g
- Sodium Content 24 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g