It doesn’t get any easier than this: By the time the pasta is cooked, the sauteed eggplant and sauce are ready to be added.
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 12 oz. dried penne pasta
- 2 Tbs. dark sesame oil
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 4 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium eggplants, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- Bring large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. In colander, toss eggplant cubes with 2 teaspoons salt; set aside.
- In small bowl, mix hoisin sauce, lemon juice and 1/4 cup water. Set aside.
- Add pasta to boiling water; stir to prevent sticking. Cook, stirring occasionally, until pasta is just tender, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large nonstick skillet, heat sesame and vegetable oils over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring often, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add eggplant in batches, squeezing out as much liquid as possible. Add hoisin mixture and stir well. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until eggplant is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain pasta and transfer to large bowl. Add eggplant mixture and toss to mix. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Serve hot.
- Serving Size: 4 Servings
- Calories: 275
- Carbohydrate Content: 33 g
- Fat Content: 14 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 271 mg