Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
It doesn’t get any easier than this: By the time the pasta is cooked, the sauteed eggplant and sauce are ready to be added.
- Bring large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. In colander, toss eggplant cubes with 2 teaspoons salt; set aside.
- In small bowl, mix hoisin sauce, lemon juice and 1/4 cup water. Set aside.
- Add pasta to boiling water; stir to prevent sticking. Cook, stirring occasionally, until pasta is just tender, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large nonstick skillet, heat sesame and vegetable oils over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring often, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add eggplant in batches, squeezing out as much liquid as possible. Add hoisin mixture and stir well. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until eggplant is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain pasta and transfer to large bowl. Add eggplant mixture and toss to mix. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Serve hot.
- Serving Size 4 Servings
- Calories 275
- Carbohydrate Content 33 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 271 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g