30 minutes or less
This entrée gathers the tail end of summers bounty in a flavorful vegetable composition. For dessert, keep it light with a bowl of sliced apples and pears tossed with lemon juice and a hint of cinnamon.
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 Tbs. unsalted butter or soy margarine
- 2 Vidalia or other sweet onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 Tbs. minced garlic
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 long green chiles such as Anaheim, thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 oz. soy “chicken” strips
- Seasoning salt to taste
- 1 cup shredded soy cheese for garnish
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat, and add oil and butter. When hot, add onion slices, and sauté until translucent. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add corn kernels, garlic, tomatoes and green chiles, and sauté 10 minutes, or until tomatoes become pulpy. Season with salt and pepper. Using long-handled spoon, scoop vegetables onto large plate.
- Add soy “chicken” strips to skillet, season with seasoning salt and sauté 2 to 3 minutes, or until slightly golden. Remove from skillet, place on top of vegetables and garnish with cheese before serving.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 280
- Carbohydrate Content: 28 g
- Cholesterol Content: 15 mg
- Fat Content: 14 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 18 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 430 mg
- Sugar Content: 9 g