Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
These appetizers come together in no time, and look spectacular on a large platter. The grape garnish adds a touch of sweetness to the tangy cheese and nut combination. To make the recipe vegan, replace the cheese with crumbled vegan feta and the honey with agave nectar.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Toast walnuts 10 to 12 minutes, or until fragrant. Cool.
2. Separate large leaves from endive heads, saving small leaves for another use. Place 12 endive leaves on large platter. Fill each endive leaf with 2 tsp. goat cheese; top with 3 grape halves and 3 walnut pieces.
3. Whisk together vinegar, oil, and honey in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Drizzle scant 1/4 tsp. vinaigrette over each filled leaf, and sprinkle with chives.
- Serving Size Makes 12 endive spears
- Calories 52
- Carbohydrate Content 3 g
- Cholesterol Content 4 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 26 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g